Entering into a whole new decade made mankind superior to another level. Be it in inventing things that were thought to be impossible or even making things that were next to impossible. But all these were only possible because Technology never left our hands. Technologies have been doing wonders in recent times. But the associations which made possible such innovations are the world wide Software Companies. These helps build widespread technologies that let us draw pictures of innovation in the next years. So, software development ideas and models built are the future to the world of technology. Let us venture into 3 such software development Ideas along with their advantages and disadvantages.
The waterfall Model is a brief breakdown of the complex project activities into linear forms or even linear sequential phases where each phase is dependent on the phase just preceding it. It gives a clear and distinct overview of the various phases associated with a specific project.
· Easy to understand and can be easily depicted in real-life problems.
· Saves a lot of time.
· The branches give enough clarity to the harder steps of the project
· This isn’t appropriate for long or ongoing projects.
· Maintenance Projects cannot apply this methodology
· There is no hint of the possible outcome.
Rapid Application Development
This is a form of nimble software development which mainly focuses on the building of rapid prototype release and iterations. Unlike other methodologies, this previews the user feedback and can be very user-friendly at times. This requires a wide amount of testing and then implementation is possible. so, this type of technology may be risky sometimes.
· Helps in taking quick reviews from the clients
· This process once learned can be effortless
· Improvements in different strata can be done from feedbacks provided by the clients.
· Complex situations aroused in this method will require well-trained personals to solve it.
· Team efforts are very important.
· Small budget Projects are not suitable for such kind of models.
Lean Development Models
It is an agile framework that runs a translation from Lean manufacturing principles and practices of the software development domains. It generally works to optimize development time and resources excretes out the waste and finally present the product that is best supported for the project and the client’s satisfaction.
· Low budget and less time required.
· Early delivery of the product is possible.
· It helps to get rid of unnecessary stages in the process.
· It depends largely on the cohesiveness of the team members and even the compatibility between them.
· Success depends on how exceptional are the members of the team in technical knowledge.