The idea of management in the IT field, risk management, is one of the elementary term familiars to the QA specialists. All software development activities involve risks. A step-by-step risk management plan implies identification, analysis, assessment, and treatment of the unfavorable conditions. If followed correctly, it results in preventing any kind of harmful effect on the software product.
What is the Risk in Software Testing?
There can be many definitions of risk, and the definition depends on the potential loss. Risk assessment can answer the following questions:
- 1. What issues can happen?
2. The reason behind these issues due to it happen?
3. What are the consequences due to these issues?
4. How high is the probability of this outcome?
5. What can be the factors to reduce the risk probability?
6. Is the risk correct or not?
7. Will this issue requires further input?
What Is Risk Management?
It would be easier to define risk management by listing the activities which are included in this process. So, risk management means to:
1. Know the issues your team may face during development;
2. understand the level of importance of each problem;
3. Arranging the risks in descending order in terms of the severity of the problem;
4. Develop and implement measures for prevention of the most severe issues;
5. What factors can reduce the risk?
6. Check the effectiveness of the activities, making sure the applied measures help; and evaluate the work done in general.
To control risk, IT companies create risk management systems. These systems are meant to keep an eye on the path of achieving big goals. Also, it helps to enhance the use of all IT services at all levels.
What can be the steps to risk management?
Team leaders should constantly monitor the risks during all phases of the project. Following are the few stages for risk management.
2. Analysis & prioritization
6. Poor communication with a customer
7. Frequently changing requirements