Sometime one will want to know how many records are present in the system for a given entity. For example let us say you want to know how many contacts exist in your CRM system. I am sure you must have noticed that the CRM grid which shows all contact records stops counting post 5000 records. As shown in image below.
A work around to this problem is to create a report which will allow you to see the number of records. In this blog post I am going to explain you how you can create a report to see the total number of records.
Click on the Setting>>Solution>>Click Solution Name”Xrm”
Click on the Contact Entity then click Fields then click “New”.
1. Create a new custom field in contact entity “Total Count” Type “Text”. It is used for displaying total count.
2. Create a new Report. Click Workplace>> Report>>Click “New”.
3. Click on the “Report Wizard” to create the new report via the Report Wizard.
4. Select “Start a new report” and click “Next Button”.
5. Give the Report Name “Contact Records Count” and Select Primary record type “Contacts”.
6. Click on the “Next Button”.
7. Click on the Add Grouping then Open new window select the Column “Total Count” field created step 1 above for the initial grouping and select Summary type “Count” then click “OK Button”.
8. Select some columns to display but I am showing mainly Total Record Count. Then click “Next Button”.
9. Select “Table only” and click “Next Button”.
10. Click on the “Next Button”.
11. Click on “Finish Button”.
12. Save the report and click on the “Run Report” mark in red color.
13. Click on the “Return to Report”.
14. Finally Showing “Total Records Count” mark in red color.