When user required to create a marketing list in MS CRM, then it will contain some typical fields required for a marketing list to be created, such as Full name, Company Name, Business Phone and City/Suburb. If you want to change the fields or add the new fields for example E-mail needs to be appear in the view? But you cannot change the fields or add new fields in customization area of the UI. Then you can do this by using the Advanced Find feature.
1. Marketing List Member View. See the screen shot.
2. A Marketing List can only be 1 of 3 types, Lead, Account, or Contact. But default view associated for each of these 3 entities with it named “All Members, Active Members, and Inactive Members”. But we want to display the List Member View based on Marketing list type. For example Contact, if you want to add single new column in view of contact entity. Then you can find “All Members” View by the Advanced Find Query. See the screen shot and follow these steps.
3. When you find 3 “All Members” view for this entity (Account, Lead or Contact) by the Advanced Find Query, then you click on Each View to open. When each View is opened then you can select the “Add Columns” button then new window will open and select property “E-mail” then clicking OK Button after making your selection then click Save and Close Button.
4. Then you can click navigate in the system to Settings>Customization>Customize Entities then you can select highlighted Entity (Contact) row from the Grid. For example if you customized the memberlist view for Contacts, Then select the “Contact” entity, then click Publish Button.
5. Finally the list Member View has been modified by adding the 'Email' column in the view. See the screen shot.