An enterprise keyword is a word or phrase that is added to items on a SharePoint site. Enterprise Keywords is a default column that is turned on out of the box in SharePoint. Enterprise Keywords is a managed metadata column Enterprise keywords are a good way to the people who use the content. It is easy for users to add keywords, you can add a special enterprise keywords column to a list or library. Enterprise Metadata helps us a lot in the search functionality where using these keywords we can have some quick search and classification of our documents.
Steps for using enterprise metadata from SharePoint 2013 Setting
· On your website or team site, click and then click Site content.
· Go to the list or library, you want to add an Enterprise Keywords column.
· Go to the List or Library tab of the ribbon, click List Settings or Library Settings.
· Under Permissions and Management, click Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings.
1- Go to the Enterprise Metadata and Keywords Settings, select the check box to add an Enterprise Keywords column and enable keyword synchronization.
2- Click OK.
How it works
3- Click on Yes as Add an Enterprise Keywords column to this list and enable Keyword synchronization.
4- It will create a column named Enterprise Keywords.
5- Return to existing Document Library.
6- And uploading a new document, you will see the following dialog box to fill in.
- Here you will see a column, Enterprise Keywords.
- In Enterprise keyword text area whatever keyword is inserted it will be display with your keyword in search area.
- For example it is product documents. If you assign a keyword as product and search for product, all document related to this product keyword will be displayed as shown in screen shot below.