I have worked on multiple projects including desktop and web based applications and saw that many organizations deliver their products without proper testing, and I have found that there are many faults in deliver of products.The main impacts on software development process
without proper testing are as follows:
- Lot of bugs on User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- We have penalty for slippage of delivery.
- High cost of defect fixing.
- Dissatisfied Custome.
- Loss to Business.
- Low moral in Developers.
- Difficult to find the Bugs.
Benefits of Software Testing:
When we are going to develop any website ,before developing the website follow the all point software development life cycle then there is many
Software Development Perspective
- To discover defects.
- To avoid the end user from defect problems.
- Number of defects detected will tell about the reliability of the software.
- To ensure that product works as user expected.
- To stay in business.
- To avoid being sued by customer.
- To detect defects early, this helps in reducing the cost of fixing those defects later.
- Increase customer satisfaction.
- Changing requirementsTime pres
- Poorly documented code
Defect - Priority and Severity:
Priority: Priority defines how important the bug is. This field describes the importance and order in which a bug should be fixed. The available priorities range from P1 (Most Important) to P5 (Least Important) “The Order in which the defect should be fixed”.
Severity: Severity defines how severe the impact is on the system of the bug.“How critical the defect is.”
Following are the list of Severity Levels and meaning of each level:
Critical - Blocks Development and/or Testing work.
- Crashes, Loss of Data, directly impacts on the required functionality.
- Major - Major loss of function, directly impacts on the required functionality.
- Minor- Slight deviation from the required functionality.