Introduction of DNN scheduler
DNN scheduler jobs are very simple to build and are a great method to handle batch or offline processing for many needs with a bit of planning and logging in a place you can handle complex business needs easily. The DotNetNuke Scheduler controls a number of tasks that will run, here I have discussed. How can we Create Scheduler in DNN?
Why Use Scheduler?
1. You may need to send some set of fixed Email every day at defined time to your Client.
2. You may need to send some system generated reports to your third party vendor at some regular intervals.
How to make Scheduler?
1. First Of All You Create a Class In class Library and inherit to DotNetNuke.Services.Scheduling.SchedulerClient.
2. Write To Process which you wish to Execute in interval time call to Dowork() Method.
Following Step to Create DNN Scheduler:
- First create a class In Class Library Project in Visual Studio
- Add Reference DotNetNuke Library Class In Project.
3. Create Name Space and inherit DotNetNuke.Services.Scheduling.SchedulerClient Class
After finishing the class, create the Dll.
4. Go to DNN Scheduler Create Scheduler.
- And Set the Property of Scheduler.
Register your Dll in Bin Folder and import Dll Name with Name Space Class Name also created(,).
After this click update button. And make your Scheduler.